I love love love papaya! Strangely enough, I used to hate it because it can smell a lil funky. Then I learned the secret to eating papaya was to add lime juice. Lime juice kills the smell and balances out the papaya's sweetness quite nicely. This is a beautiful salad that you can whip up for any summer festivities:
What you need:
- Half of a Papaya, cut into cubes
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1 cucumber cut into sliced, then halved
- 1/4 a Red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Red pepper, diced
- Juice of 1/2 lime (plus the other half just in case you want extra)
- Half tbsp grapeseed oil
- Cherry tomatoes (I warmed mine a little in the oil)
- Dash of red wine vinegar
- Celtic Sea salt and pepper to taste
What to do:
- Warm the oil in a pan.
- Toss in the cherry tomatoes whole (and dry them off completely! Don't be that person to wash your tomatoes and throw them straight into a pan of hot oil. You're welcome).
- Cook on low until warm. We're just warming them up a little, about 3-5 minutes. The skins will start to wrinkle a bit when they're ready.
- While the tomatoes are doing their thing, mix all of the ingredients in a bowl. Lastly, top with the tomatoes and enjoy!